Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"The Walking Dead" Approved for Second Season By Lindsay Bays

AMC announced on November 8th that the Walking Dead has been approved for a second season.  Season one will consist of six episodes.  I am not surprised that the show will be continuing because of its immediate popularity.  Also the pace of the show so far is still telling the story in the first comic in the series.  Thus far they have done a very good job in keeping close to the original story line.  If they are still planning on sticking close to the comics I could see several seasons of this show in the future.  


It’s the most watched show for adults ranging from 18 to 49 in the history of cable TV.  It has also broken viewer records in over 120 countries.  This show is a big deal in television history.  I am personally surprised at the amount of people interested in a violent, zombie series.  I remember telling people I like zombies and I'd get the "that's gross!" reaction.  I think there is a large, closeted audience that apparently enjoys watching people eat other people.  With the historical success of the show I'm wondering if there will be more shows on television that are based around zombies, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  


I'm eager to see how the show will effect what is shown on cable television in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment